What makes Constance
Aloe Vera better?
True, whole-leaf, Aloin-free,
never carbon-filtered Aloe
Knowing as much as possible about this all-natural ingredient is beneficial for your personal usage and to share with those you care about.
Although carbon filtering eliminates Aloin, it also removes many of the plant's other nutrients; including most, if not all, of the amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins, to name a few. Our manufacturer uses a proprietary method to eliminate the natural laxative, known as "Aloin", while protecting and maximizing the nutrient qualities of the whole leaf Aloe juices.
Therefore, our Aloe is true whole leaf, not just a carbon-filtered shell of itself, like some other Aloe products on the market.
After blanching...separating...and concentrating...the final, and extensive pasteurization process, eliminates Aloin, other impurities and potentially harmful bacteria that might reduce the value of the concentrated juice. Because of these rigorous steps, we have had less than a dozen customers out of many thousands ever experience any slight sensitivity.
Facts About Aloe Vera
The stories of the effects of Aloe Vera seem incredible.
You may wonder how a simple plant juice can have
so many different effects on the skin and body.
Some of the earliest scientific research on Aloe Vera was performed in 1935 by researchers for the Atomic Energy Commission. They concluded that Aloe Vera was the most effect product known for the treatment of radiation burns of the skin. Still they did not uncover what actually happens when Aloe Vera comes into contact with the skin. Later, scientists began to analyze the specific chemical makeup of Aloe Vera. It was only then that the explanation for the many properties of Aloe Vera began to unfold.
Hundreds of scientific papers have been written about Aloe Vera. Many describe the activities of Aloe Vera when taken internally and when applied externally to the hair and skin. Certain characteristics of Aloe Vera are described repeatedly and are well documented. These include:
1. It is a natural cleanser.
2. It penetrates tissue
3. It anesthetizes the tissue in the area to which it is applied, relieving pain deep
beneath the surface including pain associated with joints and sore muscles.
4. It is bactericidal when it is maintained in high concentration for several hours in direct contact with infectious bacteria. It does not act as a strong antibiotic, which may destroy bacteria although highly diluted.
5. It is viricidal when in direct contact in high concentration for long period of time.
6. It is fungicidal under same conditions.
7. It reduces bleeding time.
8. Its antipyretic properties can reduce the fever of heat or sores.
9. It is anti-inflammatory. Its action is similar to that of core-costeriods, reducing swelling and redness.
10. Its antipyretic properties can relieve or prevent itching.
11. It is nutritional - providing a wide range of vitamins, minerals and sugars.
12. It dilates capillaries, increasing blood supply to the are to which it is applied.
13. It breaks down and digests dead tissue, including pus, through the action of proteolytic enzymes. This hastens the degenerative phase of healing.
14. It enhances normal cell proliferation (epithelization), which hastens the regenerative phase of healing.
Aloe Vera has the ability to speed up cell replacement, often by as much as one-third (1/3) the normal rate. This makes it as excellent age retardant and results in a more youthful looking complexion in a relatively short period of time.
It is this cell replacement capability, combined with its healing and oil reducing properties that makes Aloe Vera excellent in the control of oily and blemished complexions, such as acne.
15. It moisturizes the tissue to which it is applied.
What does Aloe Vera do for You?